It’s that time of year again!!!!
This year there are two vaccinations available, one for those aged 64 years and under and a second for those aged 65 years and over.
The vaccines for patients aged 64 years and under will arrive first. Therefore anyone aged 64 years and under and eligible for a flu vaccine on the NHS can book in for an appointment at the back end of this month.
The vaccines for patients aged 65 years and over will be available from 1 October. We apologise for the slight delay but this is not within our control unfortunately.
Not sure if you’re eligible? Here’s a list of those who are eligible:
• everyone aged 65 years and over
• those with a long term condition including COPD, Asthma (when treated with a steroid inhaler), Heart Disease, Chronic Kidney Disease, Liver Disease, Parkinson’s, Motor Neurone Disease or Diabetes
• those with a weakened immune system (due to cancer treatment or HIV/AIDS)
• those who have had their spleen removed
• pregnant ladies
• Carer of someone with any of the above
Please spread the message to help us reach as many of our patients as possible.